A mutant is the result of the transformation of a creature with the spell Mutation or Improved Mutation. It can also be obtained with the skill "Mutation" from Fallen Elfs and "Improved Mutation" from Fallen Druids.
The spell Mutation and the skill from Fallen Elfs have a:
- 10% chance to kill the target creature
- 50% chance to turn the target creature into an abomination
- 40% chance to turn it into a mutant
The spell Improved Mutation and the skill from Fallen Druids have a 100% chance to turn the creature into a mutant.
All mutants produced by those 2 spells and those 2 skills, share the same characteristics:
- they can take the appearance of any existing creature (except Scarab, Phase Dragon and Immortal)
- their statistics (damage and life) are the ones from the original creature, each one increased by a random number between 0 and 4.
- they gain a random skill taken from the following list: hatch, freeze, burrow, destroy, steal, dive, heal* (the one from creatures like Guardian Angels, not the self-targeted spell Heal), momentum, paradox, lycanthropy, scavenger, infection, gravity pull, devour, mutation, growth, ablaze, poison* (the one that targets directly your opponent, not its creatures), deja vu, immaterial. Or Endow , or Mitosis and vey rarely Aflatoxin.
- If the chosen skill is "mitosis", the new creature will be the same creature type, but will not be a mutant.
- if the chosen skill is "deja vu", the new creature will also be a mutant of the same creature type but with new stats and a new skill.
- if the chosen skill is "momentum", "scavenger" or "immaterial", its cost is 0
- otherwise, the casting cost of the skill is randomly set to 1 or 2 quantums. Those quantums are of the same element as the card
03:56, August 22, 2013 (UTC)126.96.36.199
If Improved Mutation turns your target creature into an Otyugh (usual card stats: 0|3), then the resulting mutant will deal either 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 damage and have either 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 life. Its skill will be chosen from the list above and the skill cost will be either 1 or 2 Gravity quantums.